ASIA Pacific Cultural Centre for UNESCO Exchange program
Date- 18.9.23 to 24.9.23
Teacher- Ms. Monika Lamba Antil
On 18.9.23 we had orientation session with members of ACCU. In the orientation session they briefed about what we were going to do for the coming week.
We visited Utsunomiya city Ichijo junior high school where we observed classes of geography. We also performed yoga. We visited nearby local cultural sites and temples.
Takeaways from the visit-
- Learning by doing
- How to make a sustainable community by involving local community
- Child centered and inquiry based approach
- Blackboards have timer
- more usage of digital media like students were using small laptops
- Toothbrush and mug with each student that shows more focuses on personal hygiene
- Removal of shoes at gate
- Holistic Development of child by various club activities
- Equal opportunity was given to each student to speak in class
- Friendly interaction with teachers and more focus on group discussion
Visited Utsunomiya city yonan junior high school. Performed yoga and observed science class. We also introduced about our hometown. Then, interaction with Japanese teachers and farewell ceremony was held.
- school curriculum is more focused on SDGs goal
- Donation to a food bank
- Greening activities
- Classes were decorated with quotes
- Movable green board
- students were keen to learn and asking questions frequently
- Experiential learning as students were performing dissection in biology class
Visited embassy of India
Sightseeing in Asakusa
Visited Tokyo metropolitan Hakuo senior high school- junior school.
- School is more focused on academics
- School curriculum involves exploratory activities in Asakusa and also involve traditional events in class like 'Go' game, calligraphy, flower decoration
- Have device' AED' in case of cardiac arrest
- Have CO2 monitor in each class
- Have various clubs such as drumming club, 100 poems club and brass band club
- More focused on English language
- School conducts special entrance exam for returnees from abroad
- Less no. Of strength
India- Japan teachers exchange meeting, debriefing session and closing ceremnony.
Departure from Haneda International Airport and arrival at Delhi Airport.